Title: – Health Economic
Course no.: – MTN 301
Duration: – longitudinal
Credit hours: – 2 Credit hours
Intended level: – 3ed year semester 5
Prerequisite: – None
Coordinator: -أ. إخلاص عوض
Co- Coordinator: أ.هاجر أحمد
Student Coordinator: –
The Faculty of Medical Science and Technology, Al Zaiem El Alazhari University policy directs to the affiliation of the community for health and health related problems knowledge, problem solving, community oriented hammer at the solutions with participation and the government sectors, private sectors, scientific institutions and community. The university makes its target to graduate ideal, knowledgeable graduates from all homes land who reverse community reality despite differences in the manner, beliefs, attitudes and religions, translate to success the health services effectiveness. They should by that way of training them in their own environment, operate a future and individual indignant development and manage the region through the years passage.
A. General objective:-
The course address constrains of health economic with regards different diseases especially endemic preventive diseases.
The course also guides student to know ideal situation and present status of health economic in general to be aware in his/her work to solve any problem related to health economic.
B. Specific objectives:
At the end of this course, the graduate should be able to:
- Discuss health economic as major factor influencing the health status of Sudan.
- Identify concept components of health economic.
- Dictate the measure controlled the health economics by monitoring and evaluation.
- Activate all governmental-private community sectors local International Organizations to promote health economic.
- Gain skills to motivate and inspire all society sectors allover Sudan to upgrade health economic.
Identify examples of interventions that improved health economic status of his/her work area.
- Identify key health economic tools and resources that support clients, providers, projects and programmers.
- Identify success factors that guide local capacity and smooth the way for effective change in health care practices.
- Describe the effective pathway to changing and improving health care practices in Sudan as developing country.
- Describe the steps to support a change in health practices from initiation through widespread use of financial, human and equipment resources.
- Identify the basic purpose and scope of monitoring and evaluation (M & E).
- Identify types of data resources.
Describe how information can be used for decision-making. \
12.1. Concept of health economic-development and peace
12.2. Health investment
12.3. Health financial policies
12.4. Administration and management
12.5. Health system
12.6. Health indicators
12.8. Monitoring and evaluation of health economic.
12.9. Macroeconomic in health
12.10. Building capacity, financial, human resources
12.11. Impact of endemic diseases
12.12. Health and peace
12.13. Health and environment
12.14. Reproductive health-immunization
12.15. Governmental, private, community sectors participation
12.16. Community Local and International Organizations participations
12.17. Environmental health and pollution
12.18. Sustained health development
12.19. Health development challenges and goals
12.20 Methods of instructions:
12.21. Visit Ministry of Health (Federal –State)
12.22. Solving health problems and social
Methods of teaching
Methods of Evaluations:
Multiple –choice questions (MCQs) 30%
SS EQ 30%
Michael F. Drummond (2005). Methods for the economic evaluation of health care programmes. Oxford University Press
Victor R. Fuchs (1987). Health Economics Pp. 614 – 719.
Barbara Walfe (2008). Health economics, 2nd edition (Abstract).
Ruth Wetting ton (20080. Introduction of Health Economics “A beginners guide)